17 Apr It’s Time For Spring Cleaning
IT’S TIME TO SPRING CLEAN YOUR “INTERNAL” HOUSE…Easy Detoxes to Cleanse and Renew your most important asset…YOUR BODY!
There is something about the spring that cause’s most of us to embark on an instinctual flurry of cleaning and purging our homes. Throw open the windows and let the fresh air and sunshine in! Clean out and de-clutter! Yeah! That’s what I’m talking about! In all this activity to restore order and cleanliness to your living environment, I encourage you to take your purging one step further.
Cleansing with the seasons is a time proven method of enhancing your well being and protecting your health. Our bodies accumulate excess baggage that clutters and keeps them from running efficiently just like our homes. Heavy metals and other environmental toxins clog and overwork our kidneys and liver; making them work overtime to protect our organs and other tissues. Poor food and beverage choices put an additional strain, upsetting the delicate balance of digestion and metabolism. All in all, toxins zap your energy, make you fat, cause you pain, prematurely age your body and make you depressed. Yikes!!! Who wants to be that person??? These are only a few of the myriad of health issues that are linked to toxicity, not to mention Heart Disease, Cancer and Alzheimer’s.
Toxicity in the environment is not a choice at this point. It simply IS. You DO have a choice, however, when it comes to what you put in and on your body. You also can make the choice to incorporate periodic cleansing, exercise, water filters, green cleaning products and body care products to lessen your toxic load and keep your body in tip top shape.
EASY WAYS TO JUMP START YOUR “INTERNAL SPRING CLEANING”
- Swap all your beverages for water with lemon – lemon is a natural detoxifier. Your liver loves it! (Be sure you use filtered water) and drink ½ ounce per pound of body weight. Try this for at least a week and notice how your feel. You should have more energy, clearer skin and maybe even lose a pound or two!
- Fast for 1 to 3 days using green apples and water. This is a great fast if you have constipation issues. Apple pectin is the only fiber I know that even crosses the blood brain barrier and has been linked to the prevention of Alzheimer’s. In addition to its fantastic ability to cleanse the body, it contains Malic Acid, which aids in dissolving gallstones. When I cleanse with apples they give me an energy boost. You know what they say…”an apple a day…”
- Try a juice fast for the weekend! The healthiest juices are made from combining organic carrots, cucumbers, leafy greens like romaine lettuce and kale. Darker greens are best so stay away from iceberg lettuce. You can also add sprigs of parsley to purify the blood and a few cilantro sprigs to detox heavy metals. Avoid mixing fruits with veggies unless it is green apples for a little sweetness. Throwing really sweet fruits in with vegetable juices is poor food combining and you may set yourself up for sugar cravings as well. Remember, it’s only a couple of days! Between juices be sure to add to lemon water. If you just can’t stand the idea of not chewing, add some raw salads to round out your day.
- Step away from the stimulants! You know what I’m saying…caffeinated beverages like coffee, ice tea, all soft drinks, etc. If the lemon water is not appealing by itself, add a little stevia to sweeten it, but no other sweeteners.
- Get plenty of rest. Pick a weekend that you can just “chill out”. Focus on things that are nourishing to your spirit, soul and body. Try a sauna, get a massage or body wrap and R-E-L-A-X!
- Get some “gentle” exercise each day. Walking, (especially in nature) is perfect. Rebounding on a mini trampoline really accelerates your body’s ability to cleanse and detox your lymphatic system down to the cellular level. Keep it to 20 minute’s maximum for the rebounder. Deep Breathing and Stretching brings blood into your muscles, eases tension and calms the mind.
- Zeolite – I use a brand called “ZeoForce”. There are other brands of Zeolite but this is the most cost effective one that I have used. Zeolite chelates heavy metals from the body. Because it has a cage-like molecular structure with a negative charge, it literally attracts and captures heavy metals, radiation and all types of environmental toxins to escort them out of the body, harmlessly.
- L-Glutamine – This is a free form amino acid that has had great results with all types of cravings, especially sugar and alcohol. It comes in powder form and capsules. I put a little powder under my tongue for cravings. I call it “instant willpower”.
If you take a lot of supplements, you may want to “fast” from them as well, using only what is necessary to aid your Detox. Remember you are giving your liver a much-needed rest. Everything we put “in” or “on” our body must be processed thru our liver so skipping a couple of days every now and then is not a bad thing. As far as your medications go…that is really something that should be discussed with your doctor. I take a natural prescription thyroid supplement daily regardless of whether I am cleansing or not.